Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #2

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Bitter Kingdom
(Warning, third book in the series!)




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we feature any book(s) that we are eagerly waiting to read. 

So, if you don't already know by now, I am really bad at waiting. It just doesn't work for me. I want that book and I want it NOW. Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, this mindset does not make the publication date get here any faster. So I have to read other books and push these to the back of my head, until Wednesday comes along and they force their way in so I can bemoan the lack of them in a blog post. You know, like, right now. 

Isn't it pretty?!
 

Title: The Bitter Kingdom
Author: Rae Carson
Publisher: HarperCollins/Greenwillow Books
On-sale date: August 27th 2013
Genre: YA, Fantasy
  Pages: 448
 
 
Summary (From Epic Reads):

The champion must not waver.

The champion must not fear.

The gate of darkness closes. 

Elisa is a fugitive. 

Her enemies have stolen the man she loves, and they await her at the gate of darkness. Her country is on the brink of civil war, with her own soldiers ordered to kill her on sight. 

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Lucero-Elisa n�e Riqueza de Vega, bearer of the Godstone, will lead her three loyal companions deep into the enemy's kingdom, a land of ice and snow and brutal magic, to rescue Hector and win back her throne. Her power grows with every step, and the shocking secrets she will uncover on this, her final journey, could change the course of history. 

But that is not all. She has a larger destiny. She must become the champion the world has been waiting for. 

Even of those who hate her most. 




I CAN'T WAIT. I. JUST. CAN'T!!! See, now I am having a meltdown because I need to read it so bad. I'm gonna go dunk my head in a bucket of ice water, or fire, or something, before I pitch a fit.

I'll see you all next time on Let's Test My Sanity. Thanks a lot Rae Carson, really, thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment